When considering disability tax benefits, it can be a daunting task. You may ask yourself questions like:
- Am I going to make a mistake on my application?
- Will I be denied coverage?
- What do I need to be sure I’ll qualify?
These are valid questions, as many Americans struggle with the process, which can mean delays with payments, having to appeal an initial denial, and more challenges. Thankfully, our knowledgeable team at BenefitsClaim.com has experience helping thousands of people across the country with the particulars of their applications. Let’s learn more about disability insurance and how our staff can help.
What Disability Insurance Applicants Need to Know
Around 2 million people apply for SSDI benefits each year, but the Social Security Administration (SSA) only approves about 37%. The result is over 700,000 ineligible applicants being denied; most of them after waiting more than two years. At BenefitsClaim.com, we walk you through each step of the disability benefits application process.
Here is what you need to know about applying for SSDI:
- This means you must meet the duration of work test, which means you must be fully insured and have paid FICA taxes for at least 40 quarters throughout your working career.
- You must meet the recent work test of 20 quarters or credits (at least 5 years) during the past 10 years.
- If your disability is determined to be long term, permanent or terminal, you can apply for SSDI. But don't wait too long to apply, as you could lose your eligibility.
- A person must meet the SSA's disability definition in order to qualify for SSDI benefits.
- Once approved, expect your benefits to begin five months after your last work date.
- Disability benefits convert to retirement benefits at age 65–67, depending on your birth date.
- Confirm your eligibility before you apply. Benefitsclaims.com can help you determine if you're eligible and guide you through the SSDI application process.
- Considering applying on your own? Applicants with representatives have a higher chance of success during the SSDI application process.
What will Working with Benefitsclaim.Com Do For Me?
First of all, we have a helpful and free case evaluation tool on our website that can get you started off on the right foot. We can also help you:
- By checking that your application is complete to the final letter.
- Ensuring you meet deadlines.
- Understand every option available, and if you are eligible for multiple programs.
And much more!
From start to finish, our qualified team of representatives is ready to help you. Talk to us about your needs, and get started on our website application.
Leave a Reply